Treading in tea at Butler's Wharf, c1909-1921. Butler's Wharf occupied most of the riverfront downstream from Tower Bridge to St. Saviour's Dock. Completed in 1873, it was once the largest warehouse complex on the Thames. Butler's Wharf handled general cargoes, mainly foodstuffs such as tea, meat and fruit.
Last edited by kiwi
on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.