Ernie and Liz Wooldridge

Family, Friends, People you may know
GrandsonofBermondsey

Ernie and Liz Wooldridge

Postby GrandsonofBermondsey » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:05 pm

I wonder if anyone reading this remembers my grandparents Ernie and Liz Wooldridge. They lived in Bermondsey all their lives. My Grandfather Ernie I believe worked in the bonded store in Tooley Street, before becoming the caretaker of the Leather Sellers College in Tower Bridge Road opposite the Sarsons Vinegar Factory. They had 3 children Joyce, Dennis (my father) and Ernie (alias Tim).
My Grandfather died approximately 1984 and my Grandmother approximately 1991. I believe they used to frequent the Pagola, the George and the Raven.
It would be great if anyone one here knew them.

Many thanks
Gary

joyce.djan

Re: Ernie and Liz Wooldridge

Postby joyce.djan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Gary you have a good memory. Have you heard from anyone else who remembers? Keep me informed. I remember a lot of the people in the programme of course. Saw the programme on TV when it was first screened. Nan and Farvie were not in the George at the filming. Dont know how they missed that. Not a bit like Nan. Love to you. Joyce

GrandsonofBermondsey

Re: Ernie and Liz Wooldridge

Postby GrandsonofBermondsey » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi Joyce, fancy seeing you here! I was watching old films of London on YouTube and stumbled upon this site, so I thought I would see if anybody remembers them but I guess that we are now a whole generation away from that era.
Still some great pictures to riminess about. Hope you are well, take care Gary x

Return to “Bermondsey People”