Put a Name to a Face - People you may know

Family, Friends, People you may know
kiwi

Re: Put a Name to a Face - People you may know

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:22 am

My Nan Kate Oliver bottom row second from left..jpg
My Nan Kate Oliver bottom row second from left. Probably 1950s. Not sure of the pub maybe The Horseshoe Tower Bridge Road.?

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 am

SOUTHWARK PARK..jpg
An Old Photo of the Rose Garden in Southwark Park Band Stand Bermondsey

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:05 am

SOUTHWARK NEWS 2016.
Vince Queen, now 63 years old, is appealing to News readers for help in finding the boys he shared a “halcyon time” with in Bermondsey all those decades ago.
He sent in a photograph of his old 27th Bermondsey Cub Pack pals, who used to meet in the crypt at St Augustine’s Church in Lynton Road. The snap was taken some time between 1960 and 1963.
Vince was driven to track down the old gang after seeing the photo posted on Facebook, in which he features on the far-left of the second row from the back. scout leader Reg Nation, featured in the photo to the left of the Group.
Lynton Rd,27thBermondsey Cub Pack,St Augustines Church c1960.jpg

Lynsparkle

Postby Lynsparkle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Found this picture of me dad . Think it might be a Beano but why the bow ties
C05C8CA1-E84C-4D20-8FC5-23911C3D603E.jpeg

Lynsparkle

Postby Lynsparkle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Also Dad & Grandad in this one again, bow ties and grandad wearing top hat.
EB5571DA-A823-488D-9275-A5E3B5B2A19B.jpeg

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:08 am

Hi Lynsparkle, welcome to the site. Love the pictures, have you got any more information on the people or where the location is.
I think that in the second picture they may have been going to the races, (Ascot, Gold Cup). The reason for that is the gentleman in the second photo in the back row, third from the left I believe is wearing an Ascot Tie (yes, they did have a tie called that). Some of them are wearing different coloured flowers, which I have not worked out why, but it still happens at Ascot today. Maybe to do with the war years?
Did your Dad and Grandad like horse racing?
Cheers Kiwi.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:06 am

SOUTHWARK X.jpg
SOUTHWARK

Patricia

Postby Patricia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 am

Steve I was born at no 56 Harold Estate. The Wood family

bermondseyboy
Site Admin

Postby bermondseyboy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi Patricia

I am trying to recall the families that lived in our block of Harold Estate, but my memory is not that good, well it was 50 odd years ago?
I thought there was a Woods family that lived on the ground floor, I think there was a Derek Wood?
I will chat with my Sister and Brother who are a little older than me to see if they can remember the families.

56harold.jpg
I sure I must know you unless you moved from there early in the late 50's early 60's? as you can see from the photo your house, above you were the Hortons, ie. Lottie, David, Marion
I lived at number 57 top balcony far right, next door to me were the Russell Family.
Good to hear from you and if you can remember the families and where they lived that would be great.

Steve.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:10 am

Two Original post by Rene 2010 & 2011.
Here is a photograph taken from the roof of Peek Freans. Tower Bridge and St James Church can clearly be seen in the background. It is just a picture of my Dad with his workmates during their lunch hour. It must have been taken around late 1940's/early 1950's. Sorry, but I do not know any of the other people in the photograph.
PEEK FREAN,  POST BY RENE..jpg

I recall someone writing in the old Forum about the ARP (Civil Defence) but have forgotten where it was on the site. The article reminded me that my father was in the ARP during World War II and I have attached a photograph of him with other members. I don't know which Bermondsey Branch of the ARP they represent or where the photograph was taken. Sitting next to my father is a woman who was my godmother (Grace Myers) and I think she was a Registrar of Births. I recall she had something to do with St Crispin's Church in Southwark Park Road. Unfortunately, I do not know the names of the other people in the photograph and time has taken its toll on the condition of the photograph.
Bermondsey,picture by Rene from old site..jpg

Not sure which one is Rene dad,maybe someone can tell us.

Return to “Bermondsey People”