MARY GIBSON (AUTHOR)

Family, Friends, People you may know
kiwi

MARY GIBSON (AUTHOR)

Postby kiwi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 am

Mary Gibson (Author) a Bermondsey Girl who has done well. Born in Bermondsey in 1953 in Thorburn Square in one of the old Victorian houses before they were demolished and turned into flats, Mary also worked in the Alaska Factory for a brief period. Mary’s books are mainly works of fiction but she as drawn on many of her parents' and grandparents' stories of their lives in Bermondsey for inspiration.
Mary's books really are a good read and they bring back many memories of Bermondsey long ago. As a fan I suppose I would say that and being old I can remember back that far but if you like a good read with memories of Bermondsey, then give them ago you will not be disappointed. I must also give a word of thanks to Mary regarding this post. :)
Mary Gibson,Auther,a Bermondsey Girl, Thorburn Square.jpg
MARY.
Mary Gibson Auther in the Bermondsey Uprising pop-up shop in Southwark Park Road.jpg
Mary Gibson Author in the Bermondsey Uprising pop-up shop in Southwark Park Road.

Mary Gibson's mother, also Mary Gibson, pictured third right, and aunt Nell Halstead, second left, pictured revisiting the Alaska fur factory in Bermondsey in 1988,both worked there at one time.
Mary Gibson's mother, also Mary Gibson, pictured third right, and aunt Nell Halstead, second left, pictured revisiting the Alaska fur factory in Bermondsey in 1988,both worked there at one time..jpg
Mary Gibson’s aunt Nell Halstead revisits the Alaska fur factory in Bermondsey where she once worked.jpg
Mary Gibson’s aunt Nell Halstead revisits the Alaska fur factory in Bermondsey where she once worked >>>>>

Grange Road, Alaska fur factory Bermondsey, 1976.jpg
Grange Road, Alaska fur factory Bermondsey, 1976

kiwi

Re: MARY GIBSON (AUTHOR)

Postby kiwi » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:14 am

I meet my heroine! A statue of Ada Salter which stands by the river not far from the Bermondsey Settlement where she first worked in Bermondsey, c 2018.
Mary Gibson.I meet my heroine! A statue of Ada Salter which stands by the river not far from the Bermondsey Settlement where she first worked in Bermondsey. c2018.jpg

Return to “Bermondsey People”