Tracing Grandparents tracks

A little bit about yourself growing up in Bermondsey
Yogacherry

Tracing Grandparents tracks

Postby Yogacherry » Thu May 04, 2023 11:31 am

Good Morning,
My name is Kaye and I live in Hastings. My maternal grandparents grew up in Malt Street (Grandfather) and Staples Rents (Grandmother). Both these addresses are on their birth certificates as they are long deceased and I have no one to ask about this area. (Both parents are dead too). I saw a post on Staples Rents that I found very interesting. I am also doing remote volunteering for the Brunel Museum so I am looking forward to having a good look round the area in the summer. Any other interesting info anyone can be provide - I'd be truly grateful. Best wishes!

kiwi

Re: Tracing Grandparents tracks

Postby kiwi » Fri May 05, 2023 12:02 am

Yogacherry wrote:Good Morning,
My name is Kaye and I live in Hastings. My maternal grandparents grew up in Malt Street (Grandfather) and Staples Rents (Grandmother). Both these addresses are on their birth certificates as they are long deceased and I have no one to ask about this area. (Both parents are dead too). I saw a post on Staples Rents that I found very interesting. I am also doing remote volunteering for the Brunel Museum so I am looking forward to having a good look round the area in the summer. Any other interesting info anyone can be provide - I'd be truly grateful. Best wishes!

Hi Kaye (Yogacherry), welcome to the site. Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of information on Malt Street or Staples Rents
on site now. I will look to see if I can find any information and if so, I will post it on site. If I can help with anything else, just ask, no problem. Good luck with your search.
Kiwi (Ray).
PS. We do miss Hastings Fish & Chips. :)

Yogacherry

Re: Tracing Grandparents tracks

Postby Yogacherry » Tue May 09, 2023 1:09 pm

Thank you! :)

Return to “Member's Short Stories”