Growing up in Bermondsey.

A little bit about yourself growing up in Bermondsey
reddinrj

Growing up in Bermondsey.

Postby reddinrj » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:40 pm

It is really great to come back to the Bermondsey Boy site,it looks great and makes me feel good after a long time away.Born in Bermondsey in 1944 in Pages Walk near the Vic pub,went to WebbStreet school in 1955 Tower Bridge secondary school Riley Road and Cordwainers Tec College 1958 to 1959.Moved out of London in 1972 to Kidbrooke,1982 moved along to Shooters Hill Road,2004 moved to Strood Kent,2009 moved to Hythe Kent. It would be nice to hear from old school friends Raymond Shepherd Wally Simpson,David Pizzie,Michael Axford and many more but at my age you wonder. Ray Reddin.

rodebdon

Re: Growing up in Bermondsey.

Postby rodebdon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello Ray,
I should have been born in Pages Walk but the war messed that up along with lots of other things, woman in labour were often sent to less dangerous places like Woking were l was in fact born in 1943. Mum took me back to Harrold Estate were l lived. My first school was Webb Street an then onto Tower Bridge, as with many of the Bermondsey boys and girls on this site our pathes would have crossed even though we may not have been friends.l am hoping to be more involved in this site again as it is a great place to be.

Roderick Ebdon.

Rod.

kiwi

Re: Growing up in Bermondsey.

Postby kiwi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:48 am

Hi Rod,
Good to hear from you, as you say our paths must have crossed all those years ago. I was born in 1942 so we would have been at Webb Street School at the same time, then onto Tower Bridge, though I wasn’t there long, they decided that they could do without me, but that’s another story.
In fact, it was the best thing for me only I never liked Tower Bridge School from the day I arrived. It caused a bit of a problem for my mum only she couldn’t find a school that would take me, hence going of the manor to John Harvard in Union Street, Borough.
Well Rod looking forward to you getting more involved with the site, only it does get rather lonely at times, in the mean time have a Good Christmas and All the best for the New Year to you and the family.
Ray (kiwi)

Return to “Member's Short Stories”