Back Once Again....

General Stuff about Bermondsey thats not listed
briancreasey44

Back Once Again....

Postby briancreasey44 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post, apologies if not.
I joined the original Bermondsey Boy back in 2011 and found it a great source of information about my old stamping ground.
I also submitted a number of posts, mostly about the area around Ilderton Road, Grand Surrey Canal, etc....
But, then it all went somewhat pear shaped! (Lefora!)
The site became almost impossible to use and in the end I could no longer login... I sadly gave up a couple of years ago.
I was pleased to see the site is back and looking like the original and recognise some of the old names!
Sorry if I'm opening old wounds, but do I take it that all of my old posts were lost for good?
A real shame if they were, especially with regards to the all the information submitted by other members!
So, I'm back and using my old username.
I wish the new forum every success and long may it store and revive memories of an area that is fast disappearing.
I live in Dartford now and it breaks my heart every time I drive down Ilderton Road.

Cheers,

Brian
Looking Through The Knothole In Granny’s Wooden Leg!

bermondseyboy
Site Admin

Re: Back Once Again....

Postby bermondseyboy » Sun May 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi Brian

Good to see you back
No problem with your post
The reason why i have started this site is because Lefora had lost many of our Posts but luckily not all, most of our members were getting fed up with the problems that were arising, so here we are, a proper site.
We are still in early stages but things are getting better i hope.
The Lefora site is still open and has some of your posts there, so you could use them for reference and create posts on new site.
If you have any problems accessing the Lefora site let me know.
Or any problems with the new site you can pm me or email
bermondseyboy@ntlworld.com :D

click here for some of your posts
http://bermondseyboy.lefora.com/reply/3 ... y-31455687

Cheers
Steve.

Return to “General Postings”