MYSTERY-DO YOU RECOGNISE THESE PLACES OR PEOPLE?

General Stuff about Bermondsey thats not listed
kiwi

Re: MYSTERY-DO YOU RECOGNISE THESE PLACES?

Postby kiwi » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Elim,
The Flying Dutchman Pub is in Wells Way, if you go to the Wells Way Topic you will see it there. Looking at the picture and on the other side of the road there looks like a Pub sign. I’m not sure of this but on memory I think this could be the Albany Tap?
I, back again just found some old information on Albany Road,which indicates that the Albany Tap was at number 71, this would make it in the area where you think a pub was, not where I said. So I think I will go with that unless someone comes up with something different.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 am

Can anyone shed any light on this picture as I have had no luck in locating Star Road.
B WALTER, Star Road, Bermondsey c 1904..jpg
B Walter, Star Road, Bermondsey, c 1904. Owned by Phillip and Kitty Isaacs, he was a tailor from Russia. Shown are Mike and Jack, 2 of their sons, with the 'lather boy' in the centre.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:18 am

Can anyone help? It states that this is Richardson Street on corner with Weston Street.
The problem I have is I don’t think these two streets crossed? I’m wondering if this could be on the corner of Richardson Street (right) and Guy Street (left)? The picture already in Guy Street Post, says corner with Weston Street and is a different part of the building. I’m not sure if Spicer’s Factory ran from Richardson Street all along Guy Street to Weston Street, maybe someone knows? I will old back on posting, (Richardson St or Guy St) just in case someone as the answer, if not I will plump for Guy Street to keep the Spicer pictures together. Cheers Kiwi.
SPICER  BERMONDSEY.jpg
SPICER BERMONDSEY

Fogbrain

Postby Fogbrain » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:57 pm

kiwi wrote:I’m wondering if this could be on the corner of Richardson Street (right) and Guy Street (left)?

Spot on.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 am

Cheers Fogbrain, once again you have come to the rescue. To be honest I really need help sometimes it's good to know you are still there.
Ray (Kiwi).

Patricia

Postby Patricia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:36 am

My family are from Stanworth St. The Dowdeswells

Patricia

Postby Patricia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 am

Kiwi I remember you being on this forum a few years ago. I have just come back t it. I have been in NZ for 6 years now.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:07 am

Hi Patricia,welcome back really nice to hear from you after all this time. Six years in NZ, how time fly's. I think it was 2012 we were last in contact.? Hope to be in touch soon. :)
Cheers KIWI (RAY).

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:23 am

Any Idea ?
STREET 1.jpg
States Bermondsey?
NEAR JAMAICA STREET OLD ROTHERHITHE..jpg
NEAR JAMAICA STREET OLD ROTHERHITHE.?

Fogbrain

Postby Fogbrain » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:29 pm

NEAR JAMAICA STREET OLD ROTHERHITHE.?
The southern half of Prospect Row, looking north towards Jamaica Road. The houses have Prospect Place addresses and the small turning on the left leads to Truman's Place. The taller building beyond is the rear of the Royal George (aka Boatman's, later renamed The Boatman, recently demolished) in Jamaica Road.

States Bermondsey?
This photo I've never seen before. It is Banyard Road taken from outside - I reckon - № 30/32 looking east towards the Jamaica Gate into Southwark Park, with the Southwark Park Tavern on the left.

Return to “General Postings”