Rotherhithe Street

Yesterday & Today
How we lived then & How we live now
kiwi
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:29 am

Rotherhithe Street, Rotherhithe, 1929.jpg
Rotherhithe Street,1929,These houses, which date from the early 18th century, stood on the site of Rotherhithe Street, on the site of the modern Acorn Estate. They were demolished in the early 1930s.

kiwi
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 pm

ROTHERHITHE STREET 1928.jpg
ROTHERHITHE STREET 1928. looks like Lavender Road to the right.

kiwi
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Tue May 02, 2017 3:26 am

noahs.jpg

kiwi
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Sat May 27, 2017 11:43 pm

The Mayflower Inn, Rotherhithe,  The oldest pub on the River Thames.jpg
The Mayflower, Rotherhithe, The oldest pub on the River Thames
The Mayflower Pub   Rotherhithe Street,  Originally The Mayflower Pub,  now a Gastropub  They will provide blankets and hot water bottles for cool evenings.  2013.jpg
The Mayflower Pub Rotherhithe Street, Originally The Mayflower now a Gastropub.They will provide blankets and hot water bottles on cool evenings. 2013.

kiwi
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:18 am

Renamed as the "Old Salt Quay" in 2007. Former address, King Mill Wharf, Rotherhithe Street (1871). The "Surrey Dock Tavern" (“Spice Island”) was listed at the same address until 1901, but it was located 80m to the west of this site (where modern 157 Rotherhithe Street is located). “Surrey Dock Tavern” formerly “Waterman’s Arms.
OLD SALT QUAY,163 ROTHERHITHE STREET, 2010.  X.jpg
OLD SALT QUAY,163 ROTHERHITHE STREET, 201
OLD SALT QUAY PUB INSIDE.  X.jpg
OLD SALT QUAY PUB INTERIOR.

kiwi
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:38 am

TRINITY HALLS.
The school was established by Reverend Edward Blick (Rector of Rotherhithe between 1835 and 1867) and was in use from 1836 as the Holy Trinity School, one of the National Schools which provided free primary education for the poor of the parish.
It closed in 1910 when the London County Council opened Redriff School close by. The school building survived when the original church and vicarage were destroyed by bombing in 1940.
The round plaque on the wall facing into Rotherhithe Street (under the central window in the photograph below) mentions two restored rope wells. These are not on display to the public because they are below the modern floors. The Hall has recently been completely redecorated and the floor renewed.
Holy Trinity Church Hall is available for hire at the weekends and is an ideal venue for family occasions, children’s parties or community meetings and day-care centre (2013).
TRINITY HALL.jpg
TRINITY HALLS,CORNER OF ROTHERHITHE STREET & BRYAN ROAD.
TRINITY HALLS INTERIOR.  X.jpg
TRINITY HALLS INTERIOR.

kiwi
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 am

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:25 am

Rotherhithe Street, The Clipper, ,  formally  called the  Ship and the Ship Tavern. X.jpg
Rotherhithe Street, The Clipper, , formally called the Ship and the Ship Tavern.


Return to “Buildings & Streets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests