Rotherhithe Street

Yesterday & Today
How we lived then & How we live now
kiwi

Re: Rotherhithe Street

Postby kiwi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:45 am

2 Rotherhithe Street by Railway Avenue right, c1903. Pic 2.   X..jpg
Rotherhithe Street by Railway Avenue right, c1903.
2 Rotherhithe Street by Railway Avenue right, same location as Pic 2. 2020.  X..png
Rotherhithe Street by Railway Avenue right, same location 2020.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:55 am

Redriff Road at one time ran right of the pub but now that part is no longer there, Elgar Street is left. This is looking from Rotherhithe Street. The address of the pub at one time was 15-16 Redriff Road. Pub is no longer there.
Rotherhithe Street The Ship York Pub.    X..png
The Ship Pub
Rotherhithe Street, The Ship York Pub, formerly The Ship. Elgar Street left.  X..png
Rotherhithe Street, The Ship York Pub, formerly The Ship.

Rotherhithe Street, The Ship York Pub interior. X..png
The Ship York Pub interior.
Rotherhithe Street, The Ship York.  Dussell Charalambous, who had run the pub with his wife Lorraine for nearly 40 years, c2015.  X..png
The Ship York, c2015. Dussell Charalambous, who had run the pub
with his wife Lorraine for nearly 40 years.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:57 pm

Rotherhithe Street.  1  X..png

ducati dad

Postby ducati dad » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:01 pm

kiwi wrote:Redriff Road at one time ran right of the pub but now that part is no longer there, Elgar Street is left. This is looking from Rotherhithe Street. The address of the pub at one time was 15-16 Redriff Road. Pub is no longer there.
Rotherhithe Street The Ship York Pub. X..pngRotherhithe Street, The Ship York Pub, formerly The Ship. Elgar Street left. X..png
Rotherhithe Street, The Ship York Pub interior. X..pngRotherhithe Street, The Ship York. Dussell Charalambous, who had run the pub with his wife Lorraine for nearly 40 years, c2015. X..png

Was the " Ship York" know as "The Fidgetts"?

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:03 am

ducati dad wrote:
kiwi wrote:Redriff Road at one time ran right of the pub but now that part is no longer there, Elgar Street is left. This is looking from Rotherhithe Street. The address of the pub at one time was 15-16 Redriff Road. Pub is no longer there.
Rotherhithe Street The Ship York Pub. X..pngRotherhithe Street, The Ship York Pub, formerly The Ship. Elgar Street left. X..png
Rotherhithe Street, The Ship York Pub interior. X..pngRotherhithe Street, The Ship York. Dussell Charalambous, who had run the pub with his wife Lorraine for nearly 40 years, c2015. X..png

Was the " Ship York" know as "The Fidgetts"?

The Ship York pub is first recorded as The York’ in 1809. I cannot remember it being called The Fidgetts.

The Surrey Commercial Dock Tavern in Rotherhithe Street (earlier post) was at one time called Fitchetts, could that be it. :?:

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 am

I pick-up gravel from here in the mid-1960s and took it to Blackfriars. Lost count of how many times I got stopped by the old bill going along Jamaica Road because the gravel was dropping out the back of the tipper lorry. One who I knew told me it was like a tommy gun hitting their car, still they let me carry on after telling me to wait till they had gone past and to get it fixed, yes officer. I was getting paid by the loads that I delivered, so that was never going to happen. ;)
Rotherhithe Street.  X..png
Rotherhithe Street.

Fogbrain

Postby Fogbrain » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:44 pm

ducati dad wrote:Was the " Ship York" know as "The Fidgetts"?
No, "Fitchett's" was the Surrey Docks Tavern.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:13 pm

Fogbrain wrote:
ducati dad wrote:Was the " Ship York" know as "The Fidgetts"?
No, "Fitchett's" was the Surrey Docks Tavern.

Wakey Wakey Fogbrian, I posted that two posts earlier. :D

Fogbrain

Postby Fogbrain » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:32 pm

kiwi wrote:Wakey Wakey Fogbrian, I posted that two posts earlier. :D
D'oh! I saw your comment immediately above that - don't know how I missed the one about Fitchett's, maybe it was just off my screen. Where's the delete function when you need it?

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:32 pm

Rotherhithe Street, Mayflower Pub.  X.png
Rotherhithe Street, Mayflower Pub.

Return to “Buildings & Streets”