ROLLS ROAD/ROWCROSS STREET.

Yesterday & Today
How we lived then & How we live now
kiwi

ROLLS ROAD/ROWCROSS STREET.

Postby kiwi » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:08 am

Had many a good drink in here.My sister lived in the buildings behind the pub in Rowcross Street. Does anyone know if these are the same flats?,they look the same. Combined together as there is not a lot else in Rowcross Street,hope that's OK?
CORNER OF ROWCROSS ST. OLD KENT ROAD.jpg
CORNER OF ROWCROSS ST. OLD KENT ROAD
ASHLEY HOUSE,ROWCROSS ST.jpg
ASHLEY HOUSE,ROWCROSS ST

kiwi

Re: ROLLS ROAD/ROWCROSS STREET.

Postby kiwi » Thu May 31, 2018 4:10 am

My sister lived in Rowcross Street and my Brother-in Law rented one of the garages, so I would wash my cars there.
Ford Zephyr Zodiac 1963-64,in Rolls Road..jpg
Ford Zephyr Zodiac 1963-64,in Rolls Road. Mawbey Road School.
Austin A55,Photo taken in Rolls Road,Bermondsey..jpg
Austin A55,Photo taken in Rolls Road,Bermondsey 1965.

Rolls Road, Avocet Close, (left) Cars parked roughly where the flats are..jpg
Rolls Road, Avocet Close, (left) Cars parked roughly where the flats are.Mawbey Road School where Avocet Close is.
Rolls Road, 2017, this is roughly opposite where my cars were parked in 1964-65 photo..jpg
Rolls Road, 2017, this is roughly opposite where my cars were parked in 1964-65 photo.

Rolls Road, opposite Rowcross street.jpg
Rolls Road, opposite Rowcross Street, The southern wall, and maybe a bricked-up entrance, of the old Bricklayers Arms Goods Depot.

There was an entrance here in c1900 when Rowcross Street was called Charlotte Street. It was defiantly bricked-up in the late 1950s, only we would drink in the Gloucester Pub and park outside when working on the railway, so, being bricked-up the lorry couldn’t be seen from the railway. ;)

Return to “Buildings & Streets”