Re: Ilderton Road

Postby kiwi » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:55 am

ILDERTON ROAD.  X jpg.jpg
Ilderton Road, 1911.   X..jpg
Ferris & Co. c1911.

MaxV

Postby MaxV » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:52 am

Hi I’m new to the site. I lived opposite Bill and Vi’s fish and chip shop on the Ilderton Road. We were often having fish and chips! It was a very busy shop, next to the greyhound track which I went to with my parents. My fathers family were in Lovelinch street and I went to the primary school over the canal bridge in the 1950’s. Sometimes I went to see speedway events at the track.
There was a parade of shops opposite our house and a lady I called aunty Gert had a newsagent/ sweet shop on the end of the line of shops. I remember buying penny sweets…..4 fruit chews for a penny. I think there was a greengrocers called Bettles?
I have many memories of that area and its interesting to be in touch with people who remember the Ilderton Road at that time.

kiwi

Postby kiwi » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:06 am

MaxV wrote:Hi I’m new to the site. I lived opposite Bill and Vi’s fish and chip shop on the Ilderton Road. We were often having fish and chips! It was a very busy shop, next to the greyhound track which I went to with my parents. My fathers family were in Lovelinch street and I went to the primary school over the canal bridge in the 1950’s. Sometimes I went to see speedway events at the track.
There was a parade of shops opposite our house and a lady I called aunty Gert had a newsagent/ sweet shop on the end of the line of shops. I remember buying penny sweets…..4 fruit chews for a penny. I think there was a greengrocers called Bettles?
I have many memories of that area and its interesting to be in touch with people who remember the Ilderton Road at that time.

Hi MaxV, Welcome to the site and thanks for your posts. Kiwi.

Return to “Buildings & Streets”