74-84 Selected Rug Co. Warehouse building with distinctive green bricks. This was part of the wire weavers Bedford, Steer, End & Co, founded on this site as the original Southwark Wire Works in 1824. In the 1890s they were workers of copper, brass, iron, steel, tinned, and galvanized wire of all kinds by steam power. By the 1950s they were making brush parts for dynamos as well as wire baskets sacks and containers of all sorts. The factory and buildings were reconfigured and partly rebuilt in the 1960s. The building is now being turned into flats?
Last edited by kiwi
on Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.