Pearce Duff were advertising by 1866. At this time the firm was based at 42 Long Lane, Borough, London.
By 1884 control of the firm had passed to George Pearce and Daniel Duff (1837 – 1917).
The business was relocated to Rouel Road, Bermondsey on the former premises of Young & Co, a glue manufacturer, from 1890.
In 1914 the partners were Daniel Duff, Mrs Elizabeth Jane Duff (born 1870), Daniel Duff Jr (1879 – 1953), James Thomas Hosking (1856 – 1922) and Leslie George Cockhead (1861 – 1947). Nearly 500 people were employed at Rouel Road factory, which spanned five storeys.