Just a bit of added information.
To the left of the Regal is Leo Street, which is still there 2020.
Leo Picture Palace later renamed the Leo Electric Cinema, was on the corner of Leo Street. It opened in 1912, had 121 seats using wooden benches and was an excellent early example of a shop converted into a cinema. It showed a 45-minute continuous programme for an entry fee of 1d (one old penny). lt closed in 1926 and became a furniture shop and remained as such until the late 1960s, when it was boarded up. The adjacent row of shops was demolished some years later.
Last edited by kiwi
on Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.