The company's premises were on the Old Kent Road S.E. 1. (near Canal Bridge). During the Second World War these premises were extensively damaged in air raids and had to be re-built, the Company continued as coach builders.
The 1955 advertisement shows how the London firm of Glover, Webb & Liversidge proudly traced its history back to 1720, when it was formed as carriage builders and wheelwrights. Archibald Liversidge. Glover, Webb & Liversidge remained as body builders with the coming of the internal combustion engine. In 1932, the company introduced the moving floor refuse collection vehicle. This was fitted with a rubber belt floor that was hand operated. This type of vehicle was especially favoured by some of the central London Boroughs.
The Transport Propeller was an advanced design introduced in 1936 by Glover, Webb & Liversidge. Refuse was loaded into an aperture at the front, then compressed and moved into the cylindrical body by twin Archimedean screws. A moving floor conveyor unloaded the body through barn doors at the rear. A novel feature was a positive ventilation system for the hopper to minimize dust. Ahead of its time, the expense of the Propeller may have ultimately been too much for the market of the 1930s.