Pageants Wharf fire station Rotherhithe Street, Bermondsey. It was built in 1903 at a cost of £3280 and had 6 firemen and 1 coachman. The firemen based at the station were not allowed to cross over the swing bridges either end of Rotherhithe Street and Redriff Road. This was to ensure that if a fire broke out between the bridges at least some assistance would be guaranteed. After it closed the building was taken over by the Brooks brothers as a car body repair shop. It is now flats.
Surrey Docks, Canals and Wharfs
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest