- Southwark Park Bermondsey,Rotherhithe, the Cafe and Open Air Lido.
Search found 1995 matches
New Cross Stadium, Hornshay Street, Old Kent Road, was opened in the early 1900s as an athletic stadium but was mainly used for greyhound racing and speedway. Closed in 1969 before being demolished in 1975. The picture below, shows the two grounds in 1962 - Den on the left, New Cross Stadium on the ...
In 1933 all the major road parcel carriers (including Carter Paterson) were bought by the railways and operated under the Hay's Wharf Cartage holding company. However, the individual companies continued to operate independently. CARTER PATERSON.jpg CARTER PATERSON DAIMLER VAN..jpg Carter Paterson. 2...
- Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:18 pm
- Forum: Transport
- Topic: Bricklayers Arms goods depot
- Replies: 35
- Views: 8196
Bricklayers Arms Station. Traffic was not attracted to the station, so a better service was provided at London Bridge, and by May, 1846, Bricklayers Arms had only two up and two down trains daily, each taking over four hours between London and Dover, conveying first, second, and third class passenge...
- Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:24 pm
- Forum: Buildings & Streets
- Topic: LAXON COURT/LAXON STREET.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 529
Laxon Court, Long Lane, Bermondsey c1900.jpg Laxon Street Evening Institute for Women Gymnastics lesson, London 1914 Girls using the horse and ropes.jpg Laxon Street School Christmas party. Between Crosby Row & Lockyer St Long Lane.jpg The School opened in 1874 by the London School Board, w...