- Skinners Arms, 127 Great Suffolk Street and Junction of Toulmin Street - in 1956
Search found 796 matches
- Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:11 am
- Forum: Buildings & Streets
- Topic: CATHEDRAL STREET/ MONTAGUE COURT.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 7
The ship in the background is the Golden Hinde. The ship has been re-created and rebuilt as a museum. Sir Francis Drake completed the second-ever circumnavigation of the world between 1577-80 in a galleon ship called the Golden Hinde. CATHEDRAL STREET, rear of Borough Market. X.png Golden Hinde Muse...
Borough Market Junction 1928, it continued in continuous use for 48 years until its operation was taken over by the London Bridge Signalling scheme in 1976. In the 1940’s and 50’s, the box was double manned on early and late turns, single at night. One man worked the Up service, one the Down. Boroug...